February 28, 2016

Spicy Honey-Glazed Salmon... and a New Member of the Family!


I'm a little late.  Tomorrow is March, and I'm just now sharing my first post of the New Year.  While 2015 was very eventful for us, 2016 seems to be giving it a run for its money.  I was laid off from my job of nearly ten years, which was sad in itself and wasn't the best timing in the world considering we had just bought our new house.  Thankfully, I was blessed to be able to quickly find a new job that I love, and I'm still able to work out of my home!  We also just recently decided to adopt a puppy.  "Duggy" is a Jack Chi (Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua mix).  He's happy, full of energy, and extremely smart.  We've had him for one month, and he can already sit, stay, fetch, bang-bang (play dead), and shake!  Potty training is another story, however.  Serves us right for getting a puppy in mid-winter!




Meet Duggy!  


As you can see, I've had my hands full between learning the ropes of my new job and juggling a puppy at the same time.  I did try to post a recipe a few weeks ago, but the puppy got ahold of the tablecloth and my plated dish ended up all over the floor!

Now I'd like to share with you something that did not end up all over the floor:  Spicy Honey-Glazed Salmon.  Salmon is sprinkled with a smoky, spicy seasoning; seared on both sides; slathered with sweet honey; and then finished in the oven to yield a delicious, delicate salmon with perfectly crispy skin.

Ingredients:


  • 2 tbsp avocado oil, or an oil with a high smoke point
  • 1 lb salmon, cut into fillets
  • 1 tsp garlic powder 
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 1/2 tsp onion salt 
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika 
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
  • 1/4 c honey 
  • Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.  

Combine the garlic powder, parsley, onion salt, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.  Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the salmon fillets.  

Add the oil to the hot pan.  Place the salmon fillets in the pan skin side down.  Be careful not to overcrowd the pan.  Sear the salmon for 2 minutes on each side.  Remove the pan from the heat, and drizzle 1 tablespoon of honey over each fillet.

Place the pan in the oven.  Bake uncovered until the salmon is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes (depending on size).  Squeeze lemon juice over all.  

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: