May 17, 2012

Fruit Loop Crispy Treats


With her little nose pressed to the window, my daughter waved goodbye and blew kisses to me before the bus left for school today.  I always miss her while she is at school but I found myself missing her much more than usual, so I decided that I would surprise her with a fun treat.  I came across a "Trix Krispies" recipe on Cravings of a Lunatic that I have been wanting to try, so I pulled out my Rice Krispie treat recipe and used Fruit Loops instead.  Once my daughter returned from school, we got started immediately.  She giggled with delight when she saw the final product.  These are a bright and colorful treat that the kids will love!




Ingredients:

  • 3 tbsp butter or margarine 
  • 4 c mini marshmallows
  • 6 c Fruit Loops cereal 

Directions:

Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a large pot.  Add the marshmallows and stir until the mixture is completely smooth with no lumps. 

Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the Fruit Loops cereal.  

Pour the mixture into a greased 8 inch x 8 inch greased pan.  Use a buttered spatula (wet fingers works best in my opinion) to evenly press the mixture into the pan.  

Allow the treats to cool.  Cut into squares. 

Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Very colorful...love these! I get tired of Rice Crispy Treats, so these are a fun alternative. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word these look so good. I think i`ll have to make them to bring to my parents house this weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so yummy, I love making lucky charm treat!!
    -karen
    www.sugarthesky.blogspot.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - thanks for the recipe!
    It looks so yummy! ♥

    Many greetings from Germany!

    Liv
    http://zinkplusc.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice ! There´s also a software with this name...
    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: